Smitty submits that being a Parent is a noble endeavor and goes on to explain the fallacy of the OR principle;
I submit that the real problem here is that women are fed a logical OR here: motherhood OR career.
This is steeped in falsehood. Motherhood IS a career, and anyone who’d condescend toward my mother for raising three well-adjusted children has outed him- or herself as a godforsaken fool.
Furthermore, I’d assert without proof that those saying that parenthood in general and motherhood in particular are somehow worth less than materialistic career pursuits:
- are directly responsible to the cratering of the birthrate,
- hasten the insolvency of the bogus social welfare programs they espouse,
- are among the least happy members of the Brave New World they’ve created,
- systematically project their failure on conservatives,
- foam at the mouth when they hear the name “Sarah Palin”.
In summary, the falsehoods that threaten the long-term survivability of the American Dream tend to collect in heads which begin with false premises like ‘Parenthood sucks’.
For an excellent related post on the ignobility of treating sexuality as a video game, see The Camp of the Saints. I cannot resist preserving this particular gem:
Liberals, knowing that everyone has messed up at some point or another, would have us believe that hypocrisy involves nothing more nor less than stating the existence of an absolute moral truth.Again, one is left to wonder how anyone believing that God is absolute moral truth, for one example, a Christian, can associate with the Left.